I'm trying to take off tires on a 1991chevy camero rs but they want come off

James Adams

Asked by Apr 01, 2015 at 10:37 AM

I got  the  lug nuts off the tire want
come  off

Yup, seen that many times. The rim is actually rusted to the wheel hub. You have to kick the tire on one side for all your worth, or start beating on the tire with a heavy mallet. After you get the rims off, wire brush your hubs and rims. Put never seize on the backside of your rims. That will stop them from welding themselves back to the wheel hub.

WD40 on lug openings and back of the wheel is possible, let it sit for a while, using a rubber hammer sharply smack the rims around the bead area, that usually does it, if it still won't budge then get some diesel fuel and put it on the same way let it sit overnight then the rubber hammer thing.

At the tire store, you kick it with your heels, standing with your back turned to it. If it was a aluminum wheel? you may have to wet it with some rust penetrant and try again when you came back around. If that didn't work, big bertha, and make the f'n new guy do it.

If you are completely at a loss after all that ? put the lugnuts back on but not tight and let the car roll with its own weight pressig down till the wheel works free by itself, camaro has no letter E

pressing down (excuse me)

By the way, whose car are you taking the wheels from? you might not have that kind of time to get it loose, Rockin the body side to side when you break the nuts loose at first is faster.