My truck is making a noise like an old pendulum's not a tick...can anyone give me an idea where to sounds like it's coming from under side of truck..2007 gmc sierra

Asked by Mar 26, 2015 at 04:14 PM

I imagine you've not brought it in to an official GMC mechanic then? I would start by having someone else (preferably a heavier set person) stand outside the car and push mildly up and down on each of the corners of the vehicle while listening for it...if this gains you no further insight to the issue I would have that person continue to do this while lying on the ground next to it listening again for the source...if this still gains you no ground then try bringing it in to a hoist and having them test your frame for stress or maybe even a ball joint or strut issue.

It's gonna be an engine issue or transmission issue...sorry didn't make that real clear...I was told it could be flywheel bolt loose possibly...but it does sound like something rubbing against each other and the more throttle u give it the faster the noise gets

Loose torque converter bolt. use a piece of pipe or conduit and put one end on the trans bell housing and your ear on the other end, if the noise is coming from there you'll definitely hear it

I've heard of this method of listening for loose connection points or poor fastening's,such as bolts rusted or missing...(see above comment via "CamaroCollector"'s entirely possible yet I believe putting it on a lift and testing for stress points and even broken parts is still a good idea. One never knows until ALL aspects are rendered or checked...if that is not a viable option for you then maybe try taking it in to a vocational education school and see if the youth there are able to help get it resolved,they often need this sort of work / education and the teachers there can help too,since they are pretty experienced overall & will aid best possible plus you'll be gaining new friends.