can i put a 302 in a jeep grand cherokee

Asked by Mar 23, 2015 at 01:36 PM

i have a 94 jeep grand cherokee...318.. blew the motor... however i have a 1994 f150 302
perfect motor is it possible to put the 302 into the jeep? without having to spend a ton of
money kind in mind the for is a manual and the jeep is a automatic.

10

No not without changing the transmission and computer and wiring harness and most likely you would have to have driveshafts made as well your best bet is to replace the 318 with the same year engine

yea i was kinda thinking that just wanted a 2nd check.. thanks ill be looking.. you wouldnt happen to know the best place to order one would you?

10

That depends on what you want to spend there are two ways you can go call your local junk yards but you dont know what your getting. There are lots of places that remanufacture engines that is the best way to go if you plan on keeping your jeep