Just got a 1999 Subaru Legacy and changed the spark plugs now it won't start !! No power not lights no stereo nothing?

Asked by Mar 21, 2015 at 07:40 PM

41,915

Check your main power fuses under the hood. I'm guessing they sold you a car with either a bad battery or bad alternator. If you have a volt meter, put it on the battery and see what it says for volts. Anything less than 12, I would replace it. For now, see if you can charge the battery or jump it. Make sure your battery connections are clean and tight. Post back with results.

Ok I checked all fuses under the hood battery charges and is good I had it running after changing the plugs then it just died and now has no power interior lights stereo all has no power Think it could be jut the alternator

41,915

No, not if everything was running and it just died like that. Do the headlights work?

41,915

Check your other fuses in the car. There is one 10 amp fuse called the SRS fuse. See if that's blown. I just read a post where they said their '99 Legacy wouldn't start due to that fuse being blown.

41,915

Did some more hunting for info. One guy reported the same symptoms as you. He said he found a small wire that had broken in the under hood fuse block. He said it was a PAL fuse or fusible link. Another guy said that it could also be the main wire that runs from the battery to the underside of the fuse block.

Ok thank you all will do and get backbtobyou