I have a car lease that is up in 3 months I am already over mileage allowance by 3000 miles at 0.15 per. Does it make sense to trade in against new lease if my buy-out price is higher than retail and there is a 350 dispo fee?

Asked by Mar 20, 2015 at 12:30 PM

52,535

Run the numbers and go the cheapest route. You will still be racking up extra miles and there will be a significant cost to that. Also I would try to obtain a lease with more available miles.

300

Check your present lease agreement, some have an over mileage forgiveness if you lease from same manufacturer. Mine has a 7500 mile forgiveness.