Need a car expert to help me determine which car is the best buy!?

Asked by Mar 19, 2015 at 11:25 PM

Basically, I am interested in getting a secondhand convertible but am concerned whether it
is worth it, or if I should buy a more new and economical car for the same amount of
money...
I have narrowed my favourites to the following, as examples:
2009 Peugeot 308 CC Sports Automatic at about $18,000 with 100,000km
2004/05 Nissan 350Z Z33 at $17-$18,000 with 100,000-130,000km
2005 Volkswagon Beetle 1Y MY2005 $15,000 with 70,000km

Very different cars, but that is my order of preference. However, I did hear that Peugeot
may be unreliable and costly with mechanical difficulties?
My other concern is that they are all 5-10year old cars in my price range. Would it be
better to buy a new car, for example, a 2013 Hyuandai Elantra $16,000 24,000km? Or can
I fulfil my dream of owning a nice convertible without issues in regards to its age?

Sorry this is so long, just wanted to provide as much information as possible so you can
give me more informed advice. Please Help!

58,455

This would all depend on previous owner of these car,s.The best way to buy used,is find the car you like,then find out how much back ground they have on it,this will let you no more about your used car,the more information the better,but that said,my choice between your pick,s is the,Nissan 350z.

555

I'm thinking this is a no-brainer: the 350Z, no question. The other two will be in the shop all the time, racking up repair bills.