How do you take a car to a mechanic before buying it? Will a dealer or private owner let you do this? What's typical?

Asked by Mar 16, 2015 at 09:27 AM

if they refuse to let you, refuse to buy it. it is a reasonable request. if you want some pointers of your own, has a great vid on what to look for when you buy a car.

Right, in most cases, the dealer or owner will have to get the car to the garage since you don't own it yet. Set up an appt. that is convient to the seller and garage. Might cost you an hours labor, but more than worth it.