Why do I not get a reply when someone emails me about being interested in my car?

Asked by Mar 10, 2015 at 02:31 PM

People have emailed offering a price, I
sathere okay it's a deal and send my phone
number but it's like they never receive the
email because I never get a reply back.

38,355

Most likely they are scammers that are gathering info to sell. It's like when there's one of those great deals on Craigslist that they never post their phone number. They want everyone to email them so they can sell your email address to spammers. If you ever see an add with something for sale and they have no phone number, stay away.

75

I tested it with a different email sent as an iquiry and I never got a response. There is an issue. My wife and I have been testing to see if responses work, and they dont!

38,355

The leeches have now moved to this site as well. If you click on "all questions" and scroll down through, you will notice spam for TV shows!

10

I'm in the same boat. I received an inquiry twice from the same person who did not receive my response (even though I responded). I assume it may be going to spam/junk. I will be adding my phone number to the main listing since CarGuru doesn't give you an easy way to contact people.

20

I have had this problem with the 2 cars I have advertised on cargurus. I put my phone number in the ad (spelled out beacsue cg does not allow phone #s in description) and people have still filled out the "contact seller" section. This is becsaue the contact seller section is large and people simply don't scroll down to see the description. As a seller it annoys me they don't go down and get the phone # but it is cargurus's fault, not the buyers.