Why does my car shake at stop with brake pressed down in drive but not when I am driving or in neutral? 2002 Lexus IS300 Automatic

Asked by Mar 07, 2015 at 08:29 PM

102,115

Warped rotors is the normal problem. When was your last brake job?

Let me correct my self it does do it when when I have it in neutral and about a month ago

102,115

Ok that kinda changes things, do you hear a vacuum leak as you step on the brake pedal, you may need a mechanics stethoscope to hear it from the engine compartment. It could be a bad brake booster unit.

970

Check to make sure the transmission is downshifting properly when coming to a stop and then have the transmission solenoid checkedor replaced. Also check engine and transmission mounts could be worn or damaged as well.