I have a 2011 Dodge Ram pick up 6.7 Liter that I changed the tranny fluid in and I also changed the screen and little spin filter that's in side the pan. No big deal right. I then put four quarts in

Asked by Mar 04, 2015 at 11:02 PM

Started the truck put in nutrel and
finished putting in the last two of six
reccmended qurts of fluid. Truck will
not move ???????? Do not want to
addany more fluid bbecause it would
be over full. I used recommended at4
fluid. Any suggetions

58,375

Check the fluid level,think you may have to much fluid,when you drop pan,you only loose like 3 and 1/2 quarts,the rest wont, come out of the torque converter,by my calculation,you are well over two quarts,,

Then y is DiP stick regiering full.

Not over full right on the mark

58,375

When hot?Or cold?

Cold

58,375

Warm it up,and check the hot line,

I would the truck being 2 quarts over for with that cause the truck not to move

whould the truck being two quarts over cause the truck not to move

58,375

Yes,to much fluid,will let biuld to much pressure,and not circulate through the tranny,could all so cause tranny damage,meaning damage the pump.

I did that

58,375

May be get lucky and drain some out,but check it hot,dip stick has a cold line and a hot line,the hot is way more accurate then the cool line.

Are you sure about the fluid not draining from the torch converter when changing tranny fluid. Doesn't make since to drain old fluid out just to to leave old fluid in and top PFF with new

58,375

Yes,do it on a daily bases,it will not drain from the torque,with out,vacumeing it out,or dropping tranny and pouring it out the torque converter.

Ty Mark

50

You may have to bleed the air??