How do I figure out if I blew my brake light fuse on a 1999 Toyota corolla

Asked by Mar 03, 2015 at 04:13 PM

40

Use a 12 volt test light. Clip the wire to ground and touch the probe to the top of each side of the fuse. There are small holes in the plastic top of the fuse to check it. If you only have power on one side, the fuse is blown. You can get a test light for only a few dollars

26,515

Pull the fuse out and hold it up, you'll be able to see if it's open/blown, or do as the poster above suggests, you can also get a simple tester from the auto parts store, they come in the pack along with mini-ATM or maxi-ATC fuses, touch it to the top of the fuse in the holes the poster above mentioned and it'll light up if it's good.