I have a 1997Volkswagen jetta GL I has the check engine light on I hooked it up to OBD2 code reader and it said high coolant temp input#2 o2sensor circuit no activity .detected bank1 sensor 2 #3

Asked by Feb 28, 2015 at 01:50 AM

Can anyone help me out and tell me
what this means and where to locate
the o2 sensor and the temperature
circuit so I can replace them if that
might be what I need to do to fix my
car problem please give me help in
this matter thnk you vry mch Kevin
jetta owner

11,670

Hi Kevin, you didn't say what engine you have, If you want to know where the sensors are located, type "where is bank one o2 sensor located on my car" . you will get several search results. pick the one from www.aa1car.com/library and click on it. it explains locations on all types of engines.

11,670

also might want to check your cooling system. make sure its full and not losing fluid.

Sorry I have a 2.0w/5speed and can u tell me where bank 1 02 sensor is located?also I have checked the cooling system but I don't understand what the coolant high input means

11,670

It will be the sensor that is in or behind the catalytic converter. The coolant high input code means, that you could have a bad ECT (engine coolant temp) sensor, bad thermostat, or a bad connection or shorted wire in the ECT circuit. At least, these are the most likely scenarios.

Best Answer Mark helpful

Thnk u very much for the info as I would of never been able to figure it

11,670

You are welcome, hope it works out for ya. Mike.