Why do you allow dealers to put hidden cost in the description? So on the surface it looks like a good deal but its not?

Asked by Feb 26, 2015 at 10:18 PM

Why do you allow dealers to put hidden cost in the description?   So on the surface it
looks like a good deal but its not?    GREEN Arrow UP?????

Dealer fees are not hidden fees, that is the norm ($199-$800) however lots of dealerships don't have dealer fees and or no haggle prices but tax, title, registration, emission and compliance fees you have to pay. Figure all this into the price of car you buy. I just bought a car on here at a place with no dealer fee and no haggle price at Off Lease Only in Orlando and got a great price and car.

555

rgs1: As a dealer, this ticks me off as much as you do. Some dealers have discovered a way to make it look like they have the lowest price on the internet, which tells you a lot about the "quality" of that dealer. All you can do is call them and have them quote ALL THE COSTS over the phone. Agree to pay that price, and if the numbers change when you get there, you get up and leave and DON'T let them back-pedal and agree to waive the hidden charges. I'm in NY, and all we charge (in addition to sales tax, title and plate fees) is the $75 documentation fee. The price you see on our website is the price you pay.