I was driving my 2002 dodge Durango.. N the drive thru line at Hardee's sitting there for 10 min...THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I NOTICE MY HEAT WENT OUT..AND I SAW SMOKE COMING UP FROM BOTTOM...W THE PROBLEM

Asked by Feb 19, 2015 at 01:10 PM

The C and H  hands was all over the
place..then it just landed on H...

I've had to replace mine also, first of all, look under your Durango right side just beyond the driver side door...you'll see the ground wire on the chassis or frame(it's a braded foot long piece of steel wire), it should be attached to two different places of the frame by two bolts, mine was rushed off, so I have to clean disconnect the two bolts sand the two areas where the bolts are and reconnect them, if not you will continue to have grounding issues, fuses blowing etc. 2.look under the console where your passenger's feet would be, you'll see the blower and wires going out of the blower to the resister,follow the wires to the resister, look carefully at them, they may be burnt, this also means that the resister is burnt out and needs to be replaced. if the wire connected to the blower is also burnt, then you may need to change the blower also, they aren't hard to change, it's the position your body needs to be in to get to those parts is what's disturbing. .lol...the resister at auto zone is $75 dollars and comes with the connector and wire to the blower. I think the blower is around 200