99' concord 2.7L no heat keeps overheating and steaming from the coolant resavor.....i replaced the water pump, what els could it be???

Asked by Feb 16, 2015 at 10:19 AM

23,745

Replace the thermostat? Blockage in the radiator? Do a coolant flush and see what kind of flow you're getting, isolate the rad and flush it, do the same for the block and even the heater core. The worst case scenario is you have a gasket issue (head or intake) that is allowing combustion gases into the water jacket. If the flush/thermostat doesn't do the trick, try some "block tester" from NAPA which will test for those gases in the coolant.