how long do i have after buying a car to change my mind

Asked by Feb 15, 2015 at 04:38 PM

i just brought a car on Saturday and put money down and decide that it was not the car
for me, can i get my money back ( i did not pick up the car yet)

It varies by State. Some have a 'cooling off' period, some not. Google search "auto purchase cooling off period (Your State)

261,945

If you didn't pick up the car yet, and pay the final bill, I'd ask for my down money back. They will be disappointed and try to sell you another car then, but they should return the money to you. You might have to bug them a few times , and expect to wait around a month for it. At least that is what the one dealership did to me when I did the same thing.

I purchase a car from a dealership not even the car that I wanted and I was driving it home it right down with me the same day that I bought it I took it back to them they tape at the car they do not give me another car or want to refund but my money now what do I need to do to get my money

I pay down some money on a car from a dealership the car break down the same day that I tried that I take the car from them you not even an hour drive I did not get out of the car I called him and let him know the car is not working properly they tell me to bring it back I bring it back thought they were going to give me a different car or give me my money back now I don't have a car and they have my deposit know what do I need to do to get but my deposit this is not fair to we people who has to work for our money so hard and then end up without a car I don't have a car and no I am going about to lose my job because I don't have a car so is anyone out there who can help me with a car or tell me what to do to get my money back please send me a comment

The name of the dealership is carz4you in Hollywood they are the most unfair and unjust people have ever dealt with they are all Crooks

261,945

You posted to an answer from 2 years ago. I happened on this by luck. I'll try to help, but once you purchase a car, it's yours and most dealers will not just swap them out or return your money. I suggest you have them repair the car to get it running, then keep it or sell it on your own. I always recommend, having a vehicle you like looked at by a mechanic before purchasing, so you know if it won't be having an issue right away. Good Luck!

Purchased a car a month ago and now can't afford it what I need to do ?