how do you reset the warnig symbol for check engine? the light is on and amaco told us it was misfiring on 5 of the6 cylinders.

Asked by Feb 14, 2015 at 06:07 PM

the car is giving no problems at all. it run eceptional and gets good gas mileage . the only riffs i have is the steering wheel is kinda tight and dosent respond well after a turn. i just want to know how to reset all the history for the codes?

143,455

That's a random misfire, not actually misfiring on 5 out of 6. I have a feeling the guy that scanned it is not exactly a master mechanic..look I don't want to insult anybody but think..5 out of 6? And it runs well? That being said, the light can be re-set but will just re-appear until whatever did throw the code is diagnosed and fixed. A good shop with a good OBDII scanner..umm..I notice you don't say what year..? Or what car? So IF 1996 to present, they can get much more specific than that

56,855

Sounds like you may need a tune up. If you have over 100,000 miles on your vehicle you're over due. Once the problem is solved the check engine light will go out after a few drive cycles. A reputable shop will clear the computer for you once the repair is complete. HTH. -Jim