how to troubleshoot my 1999 Chevy Tahoe 350 5.7

Asked by Jan 29, 2015 at 04:34 PM

not firing

8,420

Does the fuel pump run for 2 sec while key is turned to on? Does the fuel pump start and run again during cranking?

655

autozone will scan your computer for free for any faults or advanced if you found this helpful please rate my comment as helpful and best to build my reputation thank you.

8,420

That's great, to know what codes are stored in the computer. Since it is a no start, and sounds like cranks but wont start, the asker would have to obtain the tester and take it to the vehicle. Many parts stores will let you return them after careful use. But can you hear the fuel pump?

8,420

Knowing what code was stored could be a clue to the answer. it will indicate tests to be run, and inspections to perform. It is not necessarily the part to replace. This vehicle has an ignition system that has evolved over the last few years. When we find out a little more, we can make an educated guess perhaps what to test