If my H3 was in a wreck now the front seatbelts are not working but back ones do. How do I get them unlocked or unstuck?

Asked by Jan 22, 2015 at 02:49 PM

143,475

Dealer. What probably happened, the pre-tensioners deployed. These are devices the actually use a small explosive device similar to what deploys an air-bag and tighten the seat belts around you upon impact. They then must be replaced...unfortunately by dealer, but insurance will cover it if you carry collision

Do you have an estimated cost?

143,475

Sorry, no .. there are shortcuts to reduce cost but at the risk of safety.. http://autobodystore.com/forum/showthread.php?23915-reseting-seatbelt-pretensioner-and-SRS-module-after-collision

143,475

http://articles.courant.com/2010-06-02/news/hc-cl-macpherson0602_1_air-bag-seatbelt-crash ..says about $300