1996 S320 Mercedes power seats do not work.

Asked by Jan 15, 2015 at 07:43 PM

Neither front power seats will work in any position tried:  back, forward, up, down, etc.  Are these controlled by fuses, relays, modules, computer?  Controls are on the door panels near door handle.  Help, please.  Thank you!

16,325

Your owner's manual will give you the fuse # and location for which one controls the seats. If both seats are not working it's a good indicator it's a fuse. (some websites out there make copies of owner's manuals available online, try googling for yours)

Thank you, KenF. My owner's manual doesn't have the fuses listed, only shows the location of the fuse panels. I thought, as did you, since both seats stopped working at the same time, it surely is a fuse or relay. I will go get my manual and check further, maybe I missed that section. I'll get back with you in a few. Thank you so much for your prompt response and insight!