have a 2008 chevy equinox that 3 doors lock with remote or push button but drivers side doesnt. only locks manually. why?

Asked by Jan 04, 2015 at 08:16 PM

door handle broke, replaced with new handle and the power locks don't work on the drivers
door, only works manually. hear no click in door when i use the remote. all other doors
work properly. why this one doesnt

16,385

You might have a problem with the door lock actuator. You'll have to remove the interior door panel to look and see. Since the door handle was recently replaced, it may be something as simple as someone forgetting to reconnect the actuator. Actuators cost around $35 for most makes/models, it's mostly labor in replacing them, check on Youtube for how-to videos.

Hey Mark, thank u for ur answer. I am kinda thinking that it's the actuator. The Equinox is my sisters, just had for past weekend. Wasn't able to get to the door, had other repairs I had to do as well. Was curious if by chance it's a relay? When I use remote or door switches all locks work properly except driver door. I don't hear a click when I use either control. It will lock manually both inside and outside and can control other door locks with the driver door switch, just not drivers door. Just a thought. My sister has the vehicle back and said she was gonna take to a dealership. I'll let u know verdict when I hear. Thanks again and take care

16,385

Your additional description of the problem makes it seem even more probable it is a faulty driver door lock actuator. Each door has its own actuator. The driver door can't unlock by remote or from the switch because that requires the lock actuator. It can of course unlock by the handle, as that is mechanically connected to the lock mechanism by the locking rod. Open the panel and remove the plastic liner, and watch the lock actuator while hitting the remote - if it doesn't budge then it's bad.