I have a1997 ford f150 and it has a brake booster on it! When u push the brakes the pedal is real spongy and the and the abs light and the park brake light come on what would cause this?

115

Asked by Jan 04, 2015 at 05:48 PM

I have already put new brakes on the front
and that didn't help it

115,045

Do you hear a hissing sound down by the pedal when you press it? Is brake fluid level ok?

115

No hissing sound and fluid level stays fine! I've been told that ther is an adjustment on the master cylinder

115,045

Spongy brake pedal with no hissing sound around pedal typically means failed brake master cylinder or low fluid. Your master cylinder might be shot. But for giggles inspect all brakes for leaks. A leak will also make a spongy pedal.

102,005

If the system has been open, the Ford ABS is noted for getting air in the RABS valve, you might try bleeding it there is a bleeder valve on the unit, unfortunately if you do find air in the RABS then you will still have air in the rest of the system.