Six weeks ago I bought a 2000 Subaru Outback with 120K miles on it. By all accounts (three mechanics and on a lift three times) it looked very good. However, it had a very small oil leak and it dripped on the exhaust. I decided to have it repaired. When the head came off it was warped and so was the block. I'm sitting with a worthless car and feeling pretty stupid. I always heard how dependable and wonderful these were and, for the five weeks I drove the car, loved it. Do I replace the engine (tranny, too) or do I just sell it for the $1200 I've been offered. Pretty bummed.

Asked by Jan 01, 2015 at 02:03 PM

695

Sounds like the mechanic is about to work one over on you. Im guessing the mechanic or someone he knows is interested in your car? I really doubt your block is scrap. You need a new mechanic. And why the tranny?