Howcome my 1996 silverado is all of the sudden hard to steer and makes noise everytime i turn the steering wheel feels like its not gonna be able to turn and hard to park makes me not wanna run it

10

Asked by Dec 31, 2014 at 01:40 AM

Johnny Red!! What's shaking bacon? DAWG!! Slide on down to the Dealer and unload that hunk o' junk and get a great Holiday Deal on a new ride!! You owe it to yourself to be cruising in style, baby!! Hollar at me!!

10

I really love my old betsie jus wanna fix it n keep it though not bad truck

96,685

What color is the power steering fluid? If it is dark then the system needs to be flushed, the power steering pump replaced, and an in line filter installed in the return line to the pump, then hope the new fluid will help dessolve some of the varnish in the steering box, you should notice some improvement right away, and should get better as you drive it, then replace the in line filter after about a week, if it still has too much of a problem you may have to replace the steering box as the valving is already damaged. Too bad they don't push power steering flushes like they used to, guess it saved too many pumps and boxes.

Best Answer
10

Yea it is dark thank you for the helpfull info