What is the level of difficulty transferring car registration to a used vehicle brought out of state. Live in Massachusetts.

5

Asked by Dec 28, 2014 at 11:05 PM

I want to trade in my current car to purchase a used vehicle outside my home state of
Massachusetts.  What is the level of difficulty can be done in a day or two.

25,835

Hope this helps! Looks like it may take a bit longer than 1-2 days for everything to be completed --------> http://www.massrmv.com/rmv/regs/reg2.htm

20,585

can be done in 30 minutes with the correct I D. have current insurance card, driver license, cash or postal money orders, for purchase, your home free

24,825

If you're doing this at a used or new car dealer, they can pretty much handle all the paperwork in house including temp tags. I've never had a problem going out of state in buying a car. When you bring it back home you might have to get a VIN inspection if it's a used car.

25,835

Agree with KenF....If it's a car purchased at a Dealer and not a Private Party, then they will do all of the necessary paperwork in a reasonable amount of time. I've purchased a couple of cars out of state and the only thing I had to do was get the car re-inspected for the state I live in (thankfully, that's free for me!).