I have a 2002 dodge ram..My girlfriend let the oil get low when I was out of town and now my engine had a Tao in it..My questions are,how long can I drive it till somthing happens and what is the prob

Asked by Dec 28, 2014 at 10:30 PM

The truck still starts and runs and there no
difference in the way it runs..Did I catch it in
time with oil before it got bad or is it on its
way out??

18,525

low oil may have kicked up some grit but was always lubed enough or it would have thrown a rod real quick , run engine cleaner and change oil ,should be better than was

I appreciate the advice will do that..I have been driving it on and off for7 days now so I'm glad I didn't screw anything up and I hope this makes this tapping go away.thank you