I have a horrible vibration in my 2000 Chevy s10 pick up, please help

Asked by Dec 28, 2014 at 01:12 AM

I was driving to work yesterday and while on the highway the truck started vibrating horribly, the check engine came on and started flashing. I lost speed, was doing 70 and it dropped to 60 and with the gas pedal pressed all the way it would not increase speed. I added oil since there is a small oil leak, and it seemed to work fine my way back from work last night. Then on my way home from work this evening while accelerating the horrible vibration was back and the truck would not increase speed. None of the tires are warm to the touch, the engine was rebuilt by the previous owner, so I was wondering if it could be something along the lines of the cv joints, or tie rods, or if my truck's engine is about to kick the bucket? Please HELP

63,125

A flashing check engine light is warning you that the engine is misfiring and damaging the catalytic converter. Sounds like you need a tune up. HTH. -Jim

228,585

Scan for the codes as well to pinpoint your issue.