2001 Gmc Jimmy No start, Cranks but not start, has spark at plug, starting fluid makes no difference

35

Asked by Dec 27, 2014 at 04:47 PM

2001 Gmc Jimmy No Start, has spark, icm tested good at auto parts store, new
ignition coil put in, fuses tested, new rotor and distributor cap   just died on road at
speed and will not act like it even wants to start, cranks but no start, tried gas in
intake and it made no difference, did pull one plug and checked it for spark, spark
looked good, where am I at what should I do?  

Has a new fuel pump put in as of probably 4 years ago and fuel filter.  new plugs as of
18 months ago, lower intake manifold gasket replaced and fuel pressure regulator
replaced as of 7 months ago.  

I have a good scan tool but I cannot get any codes as I killed the battery trying to start
it on the road it died on.  So I'm shooting blind and my next step feels like mabye
replacing the ignition control module even though it tested good at parts store.  Any
help greatly appreciated!!

16,620

You have spark but, do you have fuel? Even though you replaced the fuel pump 4 years ago it could be bad now. You need to find out if you have fuel pressure.