I have a 2006 Toyota Avalon Ltd and these are the codes 300, 301, 302,303,304, 305, 306, 352,355,356

Asked by Dec 24, 2014 at 03:39 PM

The check engine light and vsc light stays on and car shakes and misfires is this a costly repair and how long can I drive until I find a mechanic or am I risking more damage driving with the codes listed  above?

I assume you mean P0300...P0301..and so on. That is "random misifire" on cylinder (P0300 is randome misfire) then when the code reader shows more specific, you have misfire on cylinder #1..#2..and so on. Let me look up further..brb

66,075

Yes, they are all misfire codes and yes you are damaging the catalytic converter!! If you have over 100,000 miles on your Avalon you're over due for a tune up. Do that first. HTH. -Jim

OK bthompson14. Your Avalon is looks like it needs coils, although I don't underststand how they could all fail at the same time, somethig is amiss here. There is an individual coil for each cylinder...and for whatever reason they are not firing correctly. Personally, I suspect Crankshaft and/or Camshaft position sensor..even though it is not pinpointed with the OBD scan it should have been...or I am way off base

Hi Jim

And has nothing to do with VSC..another matter alltogether

66,075

Hi Fordnut.