Hello,I got a1999 dodge ram 1500 with a 5.9 in it. Whenever i drive it it takes forever for it to shift from 2nd to 3rd that goes on for about 3 miles or so. Not sure if the tranny is on its way out,

Asked by Dec 17, 2014 at 07:12 PM

10

try Lucas stop slip

12,075

Any check engine light? You may have a manifold vacuum (MAP) or throttle position sensor issue. The transmission relies on several sensors to know when to shift. I honestly don't know the logic behind every vehicle but chances are you are having an issue with a sensor that is throwing off the shift timing.

Best Answer Mark helpful

Thanks for answering back. I have no check engine light on, and i just replaced tps, and the aic senors. It will eventually go into 3rd but it takes longer then it should. What is the map? Is it somewhat easy to do?