My car starts but back fires

Asked by Dec 15, 2014 at 04:15 AM

Hi I was driving down the road when I stopped at the robot my car cut out I battled for a
while to get it started and drove home with the jerking I have fitted new plugs the cam belt
is new only 20.000 km but if I advance the distributor 30 degrees the car starts the car is
at a workshop and they are puzzled they can't get it started they put another cam belt in
and now if they retard the timing the car starts but backfires please help

What car, engine, year?

Sometimes it could be the exhaust,try to remove the sensors on the exhaust...air is not coming out behind so its going back to the engine"chocking"..