Will a 1995 Chevy tranny fit in a 1996 z71 the 95 is the 4L60e

Asked by Dec 13, 2014 at 07:48 PM

10,915

Wow. Looks like someone offered you good advice. Lol. I take it the '95 was a TBI truck where as the '96 has the 5.7 vortec. They are both 4L60e's but when GM went to OBD2 in the vortec they had to swap some shifting solenoids to be compliant as they added the tranny controls to the ecu like on the diesel where as the TBI trucks had the stand alone TCU to control the tranny. I believe that the plugs are the same and that you can either re-pin or re-wire the older tranny or swap the internal tranny harness. One thing to check into is the torque converter lock-up. The earlier ones were on off but the newer ones are variable and I cannot remember when they switched. I will look into it some more.

10,915

You should be good on the converter. They added the variable for '95 then swapped solenoids for '96. If you pull both pans off side by side the wiring should be straight forward. Good luck

Thanks very much for the info much appreciated

10,915

I share what I think may help unlike who ever you met here before. The 60e's are getting harder to find, hope that one is in good shape and works for yah. I've got a '97 60e with 10k miles on a rebuild in the field but prob live to far away. I'm 80% done stuffing an 80e in my 1/2 ton, lets see my lead foot blow that one up, lol.

Will a 1995 4x4 transmission fit in a 1997 4x4

Will a 1995 transmission fit in a 19974x4