why wont my 2004 ford expediton start.

Asked by Dec 12, 2014 at 12:45 AM

it started out of no where I turn the key and nothing happens lights radio and everything works no clicking in the starter or anything just in the relays I can here some clicking in the relays I replaced the starter and still wont do nothing I got my key checked was told it was good I tried putting the shifter in neutral and still wont do anything tried jump starting It and still nothing.

Jason Kuchta

On the starter solenoid there's an ignition wire & Battery (+), with a voltage tester(Test Light), cheap $5- 7.00 any auto parts store. Ground the clip & touching probe to ignition at starter solenoid, is the light coming on when ignition switch is turned to crank? Shouldn't be if you've already replaced starter, need to go too ignition switch see if your getting start signal from ignition switch probably be pink, brown, Yellow or purple wire these would be ignition feeds, Red- Battery hot, black & White's are grounds. If security system could be that as well, is Factory or aftermarket alarm system?

Thanks for reply, I checked the pink wire on ignition and when I turn key I get signal coming out but I don't have signal on starter. And I don't have alarm on it unless it has the stock one but iv never Hurd it.

UPDATE!!! after doing all the trouble shooting I found the problem all I did was unplug the neutral position sensor and plugged it back in, I did this a few times to make sure the pins in the plug would get a little cleaner and its bin working fine ever since.