Ect sensor reading low temperature

Asked by Dec 07, 2014 at 02:04 AM

I replaced the sensor and little black box
that is wired to the sensor but check engine
light is still on

Michael Kane

The check engine light needs to be reset by a code reader, you can buy one cheap at you local parts store or ebay.

did you have the car checked for codes? i assume so since you replaced your ect sensor. or did you just replace it because your temp was reading low?

Tom Harmon

AutoZone or lots of other car stores will lend you one for free

I did check the codes and i did reset the codes but i used a paperclip because nowhere around me seems to have an obd1 scanner

And the truck doesn't wanna start until i play with the gas and use starting fluid. But once it's warned up it runs fine