2000 chevy 4 wheel drive problem

Asked by Dec 04, 2014 at 11:01 AM

I have an 2000 chevy silverado 1500 with auto trans and 4.3 with floor shifting 4x4.
When I switch the truck into 4 wheel drive it seems to go in fine and the 4x4 light on the
dash shows up. When I shift into gear all 4 wheels seem to spin fine but if I push the gas
very much at all it slips out,the light goes off and front wheels no longer spin any ideas?

78,065

That sounds like there are some worn parts inside the transfer case, you should check all of the linkage bushings, if everything checks good then you may need the transfer case overhauled.

What does it mean when 4wheel light comes on 2000 chevy 1500 5.3 motor