I need to figure out why my 1999 olds intruige is draing my batter

40

Asked by Nov 30, 2014 at 06:48 PM

28,785

Likely something is drawing power that shouldn't be. I'll assume the battery is being drained when the car is off. 1st check the alternator is working correctly. If the alternator and battery are good, then check if there is a current draw between the battery and the neg cable when the car if off - put a meter between the neg terminal of battery and neg cable. If it draws more then 80milliamps then something is drawing that current that shouldn't, and that can be a lot of things - bad wiper motor, stuck relay, etc. You can pull fuses while watching the meter to see what the culprit is. Once you isolate the offending circuit you can work from there to get to the problem component.