What is is my Chevy engine the only I know is the block num its 10243880

40

Asked by Nov 23, 2014 at 10:13 AM

20,890

What year and kind of vehicle is it in?

Best Answer Mark helpful
40

I got the motor out of a monte Carlos a 87 it's a new model forte u motor all I know it the case num 10243880

40

Vortech motor

http://www.chevyhardcore.com/news/reference-chevy-engine-block-casting-numbers/

10243880 Small Block V8 1995-1999 350, 4 bolt, crate engines and ZZ4, roller cam, one piece rear seal

40

Can u tell me what it can out of

It had several applications, Camaro Z-Cars and Corvette among them, but I have no way to tell exactly.

Also Caprice and Cadillac

40

What is the common vehicle for that motor,so what motor mount can I get

20,890

LOL Fordnut is on the job this morning! LOL:)

It was even in some pick up trucks, but had a different cam and valve lift duration for more low-end torque for the trucks.. sacrificing a little horsepower. You might browse this and get more info http://searchabout.wc.lt/cari/GM_Block_10243880.html

20,890

Motor mounts need to fit the vehicle you're going to put the engine into. A small block Chevy will fit in a lot of vehicles. They will hook up to the engine no problem but will differ on the vehicle side.

Hey good morning. Usually Chevy is not my bag but happened to hace run across something similar a while back

I agree..all those I listed I found under a search for applications for that engine and sorry can't help you there

20,890

I totally understand, I'm a GM(Pontiac) guy myself but work on just about anything but European. Just here to help, test my wee little brain, n have fun! LOL