Does the flow arrow on fuel filter points toward engine

Sho Boe

Asked by Nov 20, 2014 at 02:32 PM

Arrow to the carburetor.

Well yeah, that's true if it has a carb, put another way arrow points away from tank

Old thread, but there's another situation on fuel filters now where the "arrow" isn't on the side of the filter pointing to the engine. I have recently acquired a 1994 b2300 Mazda truck and the "arrows" are both on the intake side (the gas tank side) pointing to the inlet from the tank - the exact opposite of the way a "normal" filter is marked. So, the arrows are pointing you to the side where the fuel is coming from, instead of where it is going to. I have no idea why, but I have searched the internet thinking that perhaps the previous owner had installed the filter backwards, but that isn't the case. The arrows are imprinted on the end of the filter, pointing at the port and stating "in". Screwed up way to do it, but contrary to ordinary, the arrow indicates the tank side. Just FYI for anyone else confused. I've been working on cars 40 years and this one threw me.