My 2001 4WD V10 ford excursion sits most of the time. Today I pulled it up to my garage door to replace the brake line on the front. I drove only 5 feet or so, turned it off then stared it up again to pull it slightly closer( it's snowing out today) when I put it in drive it wouldn't move. In fact it would engage in any gear. Any ideas?

Asked by Nov 17, 2014 at 11:55 AM

19,330

Check your transmission fluid level? Unhook the battery for 5-10 min. Hook it back up and see if that does anything.

Thanks. It was low on tranny fluid. I added a quart and I'll check it later. I disconnected the battery as you suggested, and she went into gear a bit slow but she did. There very slight buzzing noise from under the steering I noticed when she was idling. Any idea what that might be?

19,330

If you added a quart now you need to looking for the leak. As far as the noise I'm not sure. Is it in the steering column inside the truck or under the hood?