Deciding whether to go to mechanic or do it myself. help me decide please.

Asked by Nov 10, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Am doing a Replacement of rotors and breakpads.
Tools cost will cost40$ for do it my self.
Mechanic will do it for 90$ total.
Do you guys think its more feasible for me to just do it
myself,saving some money and in future i might still have used for the tools. Or let the
mechanic do it.

34,195

Pro's and Con's. Pro.s. You'll have the tools if you do it yourself. Con.s. it's late fall. Do you have to do the job in the outdoors?

19,340

If you've ever done it before you will need tools but also lube for the pins and slides, jack stands, a good file or air sander. Plus the knowledge to do it SAFELY. You need to look for things like bad or worn brake lines, damaged or hung up calipers. Make sure you PUMP the pedal back up before you take it out of gear the first time after doing the brake job. It's not just you and your vehicle at stake here. It's anybody in your car and everybody and everything you drive by.

Best Answer
19,340

What's going on Mark? Good afternoon.