Is car jack enough to hold a car while changing the rotors/breakpads? Or do i really to purchase a jack stand .

Asked by Nov 10, 2014 at 12:23 AM

20,390

Oh dear God no. ALWAYS use jack stands.

35,645

Having answered your other post first I now come to the conclusion that you should NOT do this job yourself. Pay the $90.00 and keep your limbs and digits intact.

Best Answer Mark helpful

thanks for the input

20,390

No problem.

Using a car jack is very dangerous. But if u must and do not have money to buy a proper jack. Jack up the car place the tire u take off under the frame of the car close to where you put the jack just incase the jack gives out. Also lower the jack a little closer to the tire so the tire helps support the car. I have done it but im a very tiny person. BUT IT IS VERY DANGEROUS TO DO! If u have the money for a jack stand I recommend buying it