87 Grand Am se coupe turbo charged 2.0l L.I was driving down the street and had stopped at a light and vehicle started surging just died. now when ever tried to start it turn over and run for anywhere between 1 to second 5 and just dies

Asked by Nov 09, 2014 at 09:18 AM

18,350

Start with the fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator. It could be a weak fuel pump. Spark plugs could be fouled. Whens the last time you gave it a tune up?

I have already replace the fuel filter and the fuel pump I can hear priming whenever I turn the ignition onthe last time I did a tune up was less than 3000 miles and around2 years ago.I'm really thinking it is my fuel pressure regulator cuz we used starting fluid to start it and that's the only way I could get it to actually stay on after starting and whenever I would press on the gas it with butter until it got up past about 2000 rpms and then hire you got it would start stuttering again if I let it drop too low it would die and I would have to use starter fluid again to be able to keep it on but when it was on and we had the engine running you could stop using the starter fluid and I was able to keep it on just by pressing on the gas in holding it at that rpmI also have the troubleshooting codes which I don't necessarily think it is the problem but maybe kind of contribute but they are 22,34

18,350

I would start with the pressure reg and a fuel filter.