2000Nissian maxima wont start,change starter .its not battery.

Asked by Nov 08, 2014 at 09:37 PM

19,030

Does it turn over when you try starting it, does it click or do nothing?

Best Answer

Nothing

19,030

Ok, first start with all the connections. Start at the starter and work your way back to the battery and fuse box. Make sure ALL the connections are clean and tight.

19,030

When you installed the new starter did you install shims? If not the starter can be to close the the flex plate (fly wheel). The two are binding and not allowing the starter to spin.

64,395

Just to add,check your main fuse/ecm/main,if TA,s idea,don,t work,

19,030

Good call T_S_T. How's it going tonight?

64,395

Going good,TA77

19,030

That's good. How long have you been on here?

64,395

About three month,s

19,030

Oh wow that all?

64,395

how long you been answering (?)

19,030

About 3-4 weeks. Just having a lot of fun helping people with all the car knowledge and odd facts I have rattling around in my head. Getting to know a few guys like yourself.

64,395

Your climbing the ladder,it wont, take long you be in the top ten,the way you going,,pretty quick.

19,030

Yea I feel like the Jefferson's LOL. It's not a big deal for me how high I get. I'm just having fun.