How much will maaco charge me to paint a 2000 black Grand prix

Asked by Oct 27, 2014 at 09:33 PM

I sprayed painted my car not knowing what I was doing now I need a paint job nothing is really damaged I just need a few touch up how much does maaco charge for the basic package and does it include sanding?

145

Depending on what you painted the car with it may have to be taken down to the metal. Modern paints form a chemical bond and when compounds that were not designed to go with each other are laid on top of one another the results are poor at best. Spend the extra money to have it sanded down. It should only be a few hundred dollars more. Maaco offered $299. paint jobs but really you could not even pay for quality paint and clear for that money. Their web site today just shows their services and how to finance your repairs. I am sure someone could do a decent job sanding it down and painting it for around $1,500 Hope that helps