I have a 98 chevy malibu v6 a common car that i just put new brake pads on and new drum brakes on back as well but my brake pedal is going all the way to the floor what do i do does anyone know the problem im having?

Asked by Oct 26, 2014 at 06:57 PM

there is absolutely nothing else wrong with the car it runs and drives fine but i put all new
brakes on front and drum brakes for back but there is still no pressure on the brake pedal
what are my options or is there something that i would have to replace.

You need to bleed them,there are youtube videos on how to do this if you don,t know how.

If you just changed the pads and shoes, bleeding is not required. But adjusting the rear shoes is. Assuming that the rear shoes are installed correctly spin the rear wheel in the direction of the car going in reverse. Advance the star wheel until a heavy drag is felt. Now back off the star wheel until the wheel just spins freely. Repeat at the other rear wheel. Check the brake fluid level in the master cylinder when you're done, as well. HTH. -Jim