1973 cj5 jeep. When rear passenger turn signal is on its dimmer and making all rear lights flash light lightly.

10

Asked by Oct 25, 2014 at 11:35 AM

150,445

Does it have a tow package? W/ lights hook-up?

Best Answer
10

No

10

In the front it does to be towed behind rv

150,445

OK. I had exact same thing happen with a VW Baha and it was in the female plug for pig-tail from motor home was reason I ask. Sorry 'bout that I don't have any other ideas

150,445

Yeah, that's what I meant..shouda said that in my question. The wires were shorting there

10

Yes

10

Does the ground have to be grounded to frame.

150,445

Mine was grounded to frame, yes.

150,445

With a wire..not just through receptacle

10

I'm going to disconnect the tow package. Its grounded in on the rear of the frame. Does the rear tail lights need to be grounded.

10

The ground was alone coming off the receptical from tow wire. My jeep bible wiring diagram don't show a ground

150,445

Not sure about cj. The Baja lights, front and rear, and receptacle all mounted on fiberglass, so had to have a ground wire.