I'm a college student looking to buy a used, relatively cheap car. I need advice on what type of car to get, that should have relatively good gas mileage and easy long term maintenance.

Asked by Oct 22, 2014 at 06:01 PM

Toyota or Honda IMO.

Arent we all! I would settle for the last 2-good gas mileage and easy long term maintenance. I have owned a chevy malibu or corsica for 20 years and as long as you buy the car well below the 180k mileage mark you will get some great mileage and cheap fixes out of them. I currently have a 2005 Malibu Maxx that will be my sons in a few months and I get to get something much nicer! the 05 has 166,000 miles on it and still going strong. just replaced the typical maintenance stuff. Hard to go wrong with malibu or corsica but the corsica will probably look terrible because they had a paint defect that causes it to flake off in large areas.