Yukon turn signal

45

Asked by Oct 20, 2014 at 04:53 PM

1996 Yukon. Headlights, brake lights, and tail lights all work. Back up lights work.  All bulbs in all turn signals tested, and are good. When you put hazards on, all flash except the passenger side front. No blinkers  come on when steering column switch is used, and no green arrows light up when steering column switch is used. Replace the switch? What else might it be? I tried switching out the flasher and that was not the problem.Could it be the switch? It seems really dirty and doesn't click.  thank you....

66,695

Yes more than likely,it is the switch,to many issue,s going on,and the switch is what control,s them.

12,025

Passenger side front needs a bulb (hazard check) without getting too technical the directional switch is the circuit break between the brake lights working and the directional lights working. If your foot is on the brake and your taking a turn it breaks that circuit so that side can blink via flasher. Brake lights work proving that the directional switch is getting power from the brake light switch so the only wearable item between lights and brake switch is directional switch. Hope this helps you understand the system. Good luck