Thank you. One more thing. When we put it back on (starter), the Bendix will soon, but it seems it won't engage, like it's not completely fitted on the flywheel to engage. Why would that be?

Asked by Oct 17, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Just like those guys answered you before. They know what they are talking about ---Shims. They align the starter and therefore the gear on end of Bendix

66,475

True, after market stater,s do not aline properly,there for you have to shim them out,to line up with flywheel.Morning fordnut.

G'Morning back at Ya TST.

Ok. Thank you. U talk about shinning it out to line it up. How do I do that? This way I know what to do the next time.

What car? I'm guessing Chrysler/Dodge

It's an '88 Ford f150, with a 302 efi

66,475

Get a few different size shim,s,at auto store,start out with thin shim first,place one at each bolt going into starter,then test it,may need as much as 3 of them at each one,

Best Answer

Thank you. I'll try that.