Was there a recall on my daughter's hyundai santa fe because of the transmission or axles it just stopped pulling and makes a whining sound when you put it in gear. If so what should I do

10

Asked by Oct 15, 2014 at 11:17 AM

She was on her way home from work and
stopped at red light and pulled off then the
car just dropped pulling and it starts fine
bbut when I put it in drive it just whines and
want move like somthing came lose or
broke.    Thank you joseph stephenson

31,265

What year?

19,695

I can't find a Santa Fe tranny recall- seems like they have bad springs, tho- (bad springs?!) you just have the ordinary blown Korean tranny- bottom line- I would want my daughter in something more substantial than a Hyundai- and that doesn't mean go buy a Kia-

143,075

When my Grandaughter grows up I want her in a Humvee , not those wanna-be Hummers H3 either. Just kidding actually, too much footprint on Mother Earth..but something substantial, some middle ground between a gas-guzzler polluting tank and a..ahem..Kia

143,075

2010 Sante Fe Recall ID # 76531 - POWER TRAIN:DRIVELINE:DRIVESHAFT Plus Full Details Recall Date APR 28, 2011 Component POWER TRAIN:DRIVELINE:DRIVESHAFT Model Affected Santa Fe Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2010/hyundai/santa_fe/recalls/#ixzz3GEN1mQZh

10

2001

19,695

Good work- that driveshaft recall should be checked- you are an ultimately competent Guru- as for a safe car, my daughter survived 2 major crashes (neither her fault) in a '98 New Beetle- that car was a crash star and I will forever be grateful to VW for engineering that car!